Do you want your present to stand out? Are you tired of the forced smiles after gifting yet another generic gift card? Making the people you love feel special on their birthday is not an easy thing to do and requires quite a bit of thought.
And while it seems like everything has been done, check out these cool creative birthday presents ideas for your friend, boyfriend, girlfriend, grandmother, and everyone else!
Curate A Subscription Box
There isn’t any exact definition of what a subscription box is. Roughly explained, a subscription box is a recurring physical delivery of curated niche-oriented products for a specific person packaged in a box. So it’s basically a recurrent delivery of cool stuff you or another person likes in a box.
The common features of a subscription box are:
- A physical delivery with physical items. Digital subscriptions don’t count.
- A recurring frequent subscription or membership of the products.
- At least one mystery surprise item.
- Products curated specially and specifically for a target.
- Cost-effective products.
- An aesthetically pleasing presentation and packaging.
Do you see why subscription boxes are a great birthday gift idea now? It’s literally the gift that keeps on giving. Because the items are chosen especially for that specific person based on particular needs, wants, preferences, or tastes, subscription boxes are one of the best ways to let a loved one know you get them.
All you have to do is choose a retail store or private subscription business and subscribe for them. If you find a great marketplace for subscription boxes, you’d be spoiled for choice. Plus, a subscription box solves the problem of the paradox of choice which explains how buyer’s remorse (where buyers have so many options that they’re never satisfied with one purchase) is a real problem. Subscription boxes are the perfect solution to this indecisiveness and regret as they curate niche products according to a customer’s personal preferences.
Host A Virtual Birthday Party
It’s 2021, we’re in the middle of a pandemic, and outside is off-limits. Chances are they’re going to spend their birthday quietly in self-isolation. While there’s nothing wrong with this, the truth is that most people want a celebration on their birthday. Don’t be limited by the lockdown! Throw a virtual party!
Here’s how to throw a virtual party in easy steps.
The awesome thing about a virtual party is that you can plan the whole thing in hours. You only need to plan three main things:
- The platform. Choosing the best platform to host the party on depends on things like the guest list. Zoom is the most popular choice, but there are plenty of other options like Houseparty, FaceTime, and Microsoft Teams
- The guest list. Because it’s a virtual party you can invite anyone from anywhere in the world as long as they have an internet connection
- Invitations. Another simple process of simply sending out emails. If you want to get fancy there are tons of free online invitation creators
A virtual party doesn’t mean there’s no need for a theme. You need a theme for the decorations, food, and even the Zoom background. Remember to give the guests a heads-up, so they can dress up accordingly.
The central part of any party is the entertainment. It can be tricky with a virtual party, but there are still a lot of options. Entertainment options include:
- Arts and Crafts
- Virtual jam session
- 20 questions
- Virtual karaoke
- Cocktail mixology
It seems impersonal, but money is the most practical gift you can give. If you know they’re hard up for some cash, why not give that to them. To take away some of the awkwardness of giving cash, use money origami!
Money origami is exactly what it sounds like, folding money in fun creative ways.
Interestingly, this is an age-old tradition. In ancient Japan, Shinto noblemen wrapped wedding gifts in male and female origami butterflies to represent the bride and groom.
Here’s how to wrap a few cool styles.
- Fold and unfold the middle both vertically and horizontally
- Fold the bottom edge up to meet the center line fold
- Fold the sides up to meet the vertical centerline
- Turn it over, and fold in the sides
- Fold the top flaps downwards
- Fold the corners in to make a rounded heart shape and turn the bill over
- Fold in each side of the bill by half an inch
- Fold and unfold the bill in half lengthwise
- Fold the corners in to meet the centerline
- Fold the top and bottom edges to meet the centerline
- Fold in half horizontally, twice
- Fold two other bills in the same way, then loop a wire around all three
- Spread the petals
- Fold and unfold a bill in half lengthwise
- Fold the corners in to meet the centerline
- Fold the bill back and forth until the edges are raised
- Place your second bill below the first, and fold in the corners so that the widths of the top and bottom bills are the same at the place where they join
- Fold and unfold like an accordion again
- Place the two bills next to each other and using a ribbon attach the two notes together and form ‘antennae’
Make A Coupon Book
Coupon books are certainly not a new idea. Almost everyone can remember giving a coupon to Mom or Dad for washing the dishes or mowing the lawn. A coupon book is a way to combine practical and heartwarming. Because you get to curate everything by yourself it can be a gift for everyone, whether it’s your boyfriend, girlfriend, sibling, roommate, or parents.
Here are some cool coupon ideas:
- A relaxing back rub
- Home-cooked meal
- Getting the car washed
- Master of the remote control day
- Breakfast in bed
- A thorough house-cleaning
- A car-washing, inside and out
- A relaxing foot massage
- Dinner at a favorite restaurant
- Outdoor adventure
- An evening of babysitting
- An intimate slow dance
- Day of compliments
- Movie night out
- Daily dog-walking for a week, month, etc
- Car DJ for a day
Finding the right birthday present for anyone is hard, and finding new birthday present ideas is even harder! But the effort is all worth it when you see the teary-eyed smile of a loved one.
Posted 1 month ago by Allen Brown