Telemarketing has been around for ages, and you may have even been on the receiving end of it in the past, whether at home or at work, in the form of sales calls from unknown numbers.
Unwanted calls are the bane of many people’s existence, so when you’re getting an unknown number call, it can be tempting to simply let it go to voicemail, especially if you don’t recognize it or think it’s someone trying to sell you something you don’t want.
But there are actually several ways to uncover the identity of an unknown caller, even if the person calling you isn’t in your contacts list and even if the Caller ID isn’t activated on your phone.
These tools have helped people find everything from phone numbers and addresses to email addresses and social media pages. Try them today, and don’t be surprised at what you can discover.
Here are some of our favorites:
If you're trying to determine whether or not a person is who they say they are, Truecaller is here to help.
Truecaller is a phone app that lets you search by number to find information about the person on the other end of your call.
Whether it’s an unknown number or a phone number that isn’t in your contacts, this service gives you access to all sorts of information, including social media profiles and website links, so that you can learn more about that person.
The best part? You can use this free, user-friendly app’s messaging and call features without switching to other apps.
With Truecaller, you can do the following:
- See Who Called: Check who's been calling with Caller ID.
- Know Who You're Talking To: Check if someone is trusted before you answer.
- Get Updates When New People Call: Know who just called and decide if you want to answer.
- Search By Number: Find out who any unknown number belongs to with one tap. There are also helpful tabs for recent calls, businesses near you, and spammy numbers blocked from getting through.
- Block spam calls: If telemarketers or fraudsters keep bothering your phone, you can block their number with Truecaller. You can also stop spam calls and SMS from getting through automatically.
- Community-based spam reporting: The app also shows you if someone is a spam caller based on other users’ comments or the way they stored the number on their devices. You can also report a number as spam or scam.
With over 25 million users worldwide, CallApp is a great tool to help uncover unknown numbers. The app operates as a reverse phone lookup directory, and it also has a built-in call recorder that can be used to save your conversations so you can listen to them later.
The app’s Whatsapp to non-contacts feature allows you to send Whatsapp messages to numbers not saved on your phone as a contact.
Another amazing thing about video ringtones is that it helps to relieve memories as your phone rings. Each contact can have a different video.
CallApp's key features include:
- Easily find out who called with a click of a button on their website.
- Reverse Number Lookup gives you access to full contact details, including name, address, work history, and other possible connections (but without mobile numbers).
- It helps monitor incoming calls even if it isn't registered on the device.
- Video ringtones come with different adorable aesthetics and you can upload yours to make them even more personalized.
When you're trying to uncover a number you don't know, there are a lot of different routes you can take. Depending on your situation, there may be just one number you need to find, or it might be more important that you can find any unknown number. Whatever your needs are, PhoneHistory will help get the job done.
This new site provides the owner with an easy way to identify unknown numbers in text messages and phone logs, such as incoming and outgoing call records, caller IDs, and more.
In addition, it covers both landline and mobile numbers so that you can identify any type of caller.
With PhoneHistory, you can also uncover details like personal information, address, location, and so much more. Simply provide the number that has been calling you, and all of their additional data will be revealed. So you'll never have to worry about someone lying about their identity again.
We all know the internet is a great place to find information about any number, including phone numbers. One of our favorite tools is Clever Dialer.
It's an app that alerts you of telemarketing and spam calls so that you know not to pick them up. It works great on most devices to put an end to phone terror of any kind. If you don’t want to get calls from a certain number, you can use the call-blocking feature to block it.
The best part is Clever Dialer’s large database for inverse search. As one of the largest databases, it is very difficult for unsolicited telemarketing and spam calls to get to your phone unannounced.
NumBuster is another service that helps uncover unknown phone numbers. Simply enter the number, and it will send you back the person's name, location, email address, and more.
It can help answer any question about a number you have, find out who called or texted you, discover the company a number belongs to, or learn where someone lives. Even if you don't know who called your business line, this is a helpful tool because it tells which area code the call came from.
If there are too many unknown numbers on your call logs, this might also be a good time to invest in some quality call-blocking technology like this so that only desired calls make it through.
There are times in life when you need to know someone’s number, but you aren’t sure how to find it. If you’re trying to block s spammer or a scammer from targeting you, your best bet is to use these top 5 must-have tools for uncovering unknown numbers.
They're all great options and should help you easily uncover any unknown number.
Posted 3 months ago by Allen Brown